Le Nordique spa Mont Ste-Anne is proud of its efforts to respect the environment. Here are some of the initiatives we have undertaken to minimize our ecological footprint:
- We believe in sustainable consumption based on the principle of "pay as you go". To this end, if you need a second towel, robe, or water bottle, we would be happy to provide them to you for a nominal fee.
- Our spa uses only clean energy sources. Our sauna, steam bath and whirlpool are heated with hydro-electricity.
- 3 of our 4 fireplaces are propane based and are heated mostly in wintertime in order to minimize energy losses and carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere.
- Recycling is a key part of our waste management and consumption practices. In order to reduce the number of water bottles that need to be recycled, we have installed a number of water fountains throughout the spa.
- Additionally, the plastic bags we provide to our clients to hold their wet bathing suits are biodegradable.